A quick summary of a great article from Desktop Engineering on using outside simulation experts:
Consultants can be lifesavers, or at least project-savers. Here are the must-do steps for a great outcome.
- Decide whether you even need a consultant.
- Be confident you’re choosing the right company by asking the right questions up front.
- Determine the path that starts at proposal and ends with results.
- Communication and progress tracking are critical.
- Ensure that the analysis you receive is valid.
- Make sure you’re comfortable with how the company estimates and structures billing.
- Find out how security and intellectual property concerns are handled.
The simulation consultant should provide you with a sounding board as the voice of experience. Be clear about your goals, but open to suggestions – sometimes an initial conversation steers the project onto a much more efficient path. Ultimately, working with an outside analyst should be a productive and satisfying process for both of you.
For the compete article see: http://www.deskeng.com/de/7-keys-working-outside-simulation-analysts/